Alexander Ejsmont represents clients in the Provincial Court, the Supreme Court, and the Court of Appeal in Vancouver and throughout British Columbia. His criminal law practice has included the defence of hundreds of clients charged with fraud, theft, assault, and other serious charges under the Criminal Code of Canada.
Before opening his Vancouver office, Alex was the founding member of a busy law chambers in Toronto, where he practiced for several years alongside two top criminal defence lawyers. He previously worked as an associate in the Toronto office of one of Canada’s most prestigious corporate firms, and prior to that as an associate in New York City at DLA Piper, the world’s largest law firm. Following the passing of the Patriot Act, Alex consulted at Bear Stearns & Co. where he assisted the firm with its implementation of the Act’s anti-money laundering provisions.
Alexander graduated with Distinction in All Subjects from Cornell University and was a merit scholar at Fordham Law School. As an undergraduate and law student he interned with two experienced criminal lawyers at both the trial and appeal level, and with a legal aid office. He is regularly involved with student mentorship and has trained and overseen the work of numerous articling, law, and undergraduate students.
Alexander is fluent in Polish and proficient in French and Spanish. Alexander is a member of the Criminal Lawyers Association and the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia.
- Fordham University, JD
- Cornell University, BA with Distinction
- University of King’s College
- Osler, Hoskin and Harcourt, Toronto
- DLA Piper, New York City
- Bear Stearns, NewYork City
Awards & Activities
- ABA Negotiation Competition, Finalist
- Law School Merit Scholarship
- Moot Court Board
- Fordham International Law Journal
- Dispute Resolution Society
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Criminal Lawyers Association
In the Press